Chapter 8: Sugar Daddy

Heya,

All the weeks have kinda blurred into one by this point, I'm an idiot for not keeping up with this but oh well 🀷‍♀️ So thinking back to week four, literally it's hard to explain but the longer you are here the better it gets (coz you get over homesickness, and you have like 2 friends yay) but then it get's soul crushingly worse as the mundane reality of life kicks in. Not to bum you all out or anything. πŸ€¦‍♀️

Disclaimer** I am actually enjoying it. Just keeping it real.

You should know that uni isn't all about fun and games- this is a depressing realisation but c'est la vie. Two things you realise here:

A) everything is fucking expensive
B) everything is hard work

Its not this magical time where you meet loads of like-minded people and become #bbf's4evaaaa
πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“ and think and learn about intellectually stimulating things. Half the stuff is not stimulating AT ALL πŸ’ΈπŸ’Έ And half the people will fake and flake. πŸ˜

So, i've looked into my options, considered a sugar daddy and tried to find a 'high paying job for uni drop outs' but nada. Even a one-way ticket to Timbuktu wasn't a good option, so gotta stick this out.
This is life.

Thank God i've got three people who I can really count on, though sometimes its still tough to work out if they actually like me or not. I can be a bit insecure like that. It's hard to come from home where you've got a solid group of people who you trust and have known for years to this.

Anyway, I went to visit my bestie at her uni at the weekend. So weird to leave campus for the first time, its like I've left this little bubble. Had such a blast seeing her, it was a little bit of home being with her and that's just what I needed. It was also good to gain some perspective as it made me realise how much I actually do like Exeter, its small and yes the nightlife may be shit but I low key love it.

Got four essay topics given to me this week. AHHH SHITT. But they are not due until after reading week so i'll blag it all then. (Still don't know the difference between formative and summative- which i think is pretty important?) ah well.




Until next time,
Anon xxxx

Follow and leave a comment :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 12: Totally Exetaar

Chapter 11: Dropping out

Chapter 9: So fucking far